Together we will learn and support our journey of becoming who we are meant to be because
WE ARE ENOUGH!
Speaker Request for Proposal
The RFP process serves to identify speakers / facilitators for the 3 Annual Girls Are Powerful Conference themed: We Are Enough, on Saturday, September 14, 2019.
Girls Are Powerful (GRP) is excited to provide a full day event designed to bring girls age 7 through 16, along with their mothers/caregivers, together for a day of speakers, workshops and activities focused on supporting their personal and educational growth and empowerment.
The conference committee will consider speakers / facilitators who submit a completed RFP and applicants may submit proposal for multiple topics.
We seek speakers / facilitators who will empower and equip our girls with the tools and resources they need to navigate the challenges and pressures they are facing by ways of engaging and empowering them to embrace their unique identity and own their personal power.
Here are the topics identified based on our survey conducted:
- Navigating school dynamics (academics and perfectionism)
- Body image and societal standards
- Healthy boundaries
We are seeking presenters in the following areas:
- Children’s mental health: seeking an expert to teach girls ages 8-11 will about feelings and practical feelings management tools.
- Adolescent mental health: seeking an expert to teach girls 12-16 about anxiety and depression and how to help get and give support with healthy boundaries.
- Body image: seeking an expert to teach girls 12-16 about the impact of societal expectations on their feelings about their body (including the impact of social media) and how to appreciate their unique shape and beauty.
- Self-image: seeking an expert to teach girls 8-11 about self-image and positive vocabulary for how to develop their self-image as they get older.
- Relationships and sisterhood: looking for an individual to create an activity/experience for girls ages 8-16 who are attending the conference to reflect on their relationships with each other and the importance of relying on each other. All creative ideas are welcome.
- Wellness and mindfulness: seeking an individual with expertise in this area willing to create a conference opening or closing activity that will encourage connection, movement or reflection on the content of the day. health/well-being
Girls Are Powerful will decide the best fit for the speakers/facilitators and presentation topics. The program outcome as a result of this conference are:
- All the girls will have a better sense of personal power, self-esteem and be better prepared to navigate the upcoming school age/grade transitions.
- Younger girls (7-11) will explore how they feel about themselves and will learn about managing feelings when facing anxiety. Older girls (12-16) will understand how social media impacts her body image and learn more about how depression and anxiety can impact her life.
- Both groups will be introduced to tools and skills to foster love and appreciation of her unique, beautiful, smart and determined self. They will learn emotion management techniques and how to maintain healthy, supportive boundaries with peers who are facing similar struggles.
- All the girls will understand the importance of healthy, supportive relationships and how to navigate challenges such as bullying or excluding behaviors.
Speaker / Facilitator Responsibilities.
- Provide high-quality educational presentation.
- Engage attendees through audience participation and discussion.
- Provide a picture, session description, learning objective, top three takeaways and speaker biography for marketing purposes.
- Coordinate with conference committee regarding any special equipment needs i.e. layout preference and basic AV needs.
- Promote your participation in the conference on your social media sites.
- Soliciting participants for business or products is not allowed. Conflict of Interest Disclosure must be declared both verbally and in writing.
- Provide final presentation materials in designated PowerPoint format by Friday, August 30, 2019.
Girls Are Powerful Responsibilities.
Aggressively promote the conference, speaker and subject matter through a variety of Girls Are Powerful communication vehicles including, but not limited to:
- GRP Website
- E-Mail announcements
- GRP social media channels: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Register participants
Coordinate with speaker regarding special equipment and material needs for the conference.
Your proposal is valued and will be carefully considered by our conference committee. GRP will respond to your submission by Friday, July 26, 2019.
We appreciate all submissions and if you are not selected for this upcoming program year, we welcome you to submit again for the following year. Opportunities will be afforded first to program themes and then speakers that fit the identified program themes.
How to Submit.
Deadline for submission is midnight, Friday, July 12, 2019. Please complete the RFP form to submit your information and proposed topic details to the GRP Conference Committee for consideration to include the following:
- Include a 1-2 page Presentation Summary including:
- Title and description.
- The age group your presentation is designed for (7-11, 12-16 or both).
- The 2-3 specific benefits/learning objectives participants will take away.
- How you plan to engage the audience in interacting with one another.
- Why this topic is essential knowledge for girls age 7 through 16.
- What makes your treatment of this topic unique.
- How you gained your expertise on this subject.
- Presentation sample
- Bio (approximately 600 words or less) describing your credentials for speaking on this subject.
- High-Resolution headshot (in JPG format).
- Include references from two or three organizations where you have previously presented and/or interacted with young people.
- A brief outline of your presentation, including presentation style and format. Please describe what the audience will be doing during your program and how they will be involved and engaged with your content.
Important Timelines Reminder.
|Deadline for RFP submission||Friday, July 12, 2019|
|RFP Submission response||Friday, July 26, 2019|
|Final Presentation submission||Friday, August 30, 2019|
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much for your interest in presenting. Presenters are volunteers. This is an incredible opportunity to influence young girls. Lunch, love, empowerment, and swag is included.