Create your own COVID-19 Public Service Announcement
A Public Service Announcement, or PSA, is a message for the public with the goal to raise awareness, change attitudes and behavior around a social issue.
Now it’s time to create your own to help our community fight COVID-19! Here’s how to do it!:
- An idea – When discussing COVID-19, what is something you believe more people should know and/ or be doing more of?
- Examples include: handwashing, social distancing, wearing face masks, washing face masks, etc.
- Verify it’s true
- Can you verify that your idea is based on fact? Can you find fact-based information about it on our list of credible resources here?
- Find a second resource and fact-check your idea! This is important!!
- A short message
- Write a short, catchy message that conveys your idea.
- Get participants
- Ask family and friends to join you and assign them each a word in your message.
- Make signs
- Ask your participants to print (here) or create their own signs so that everyone has a sign with one word to share.
- Color them, make them eye catching!
- Video call and record OR ask everyone to take a picture and create a collage
- Get your participants to hop on your favorite video call app.
- Hold up your signs.
- Hit record!
- Share your message!
- Share your PSA on your favorite social media (Facebook, TikToc, Instagram, Twitter, etc!)
- Don’t forget to #girlsarepowerful #grptogether
Check out our “In This Together” PSA